• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Set up ideas for 6 new tanks

Chris(wildcaught!)

5 Year Member
Hi everyone, it has been quite some time since i last logged into the forum, It has been an hectic autumn, with little time for the fishes. But now i have managed to put up a new aquarium stand. Took me almost a year to do it (slow but steady progress!)

Anyway I have 4 tanks that are around 12 gallons or 45 liter, and two tanks at around 6 gallons or 23 liters. The idea is to keep fish in the "bigger" tanks and to use the small ones as medication and quarantine tanks, possibly also as fry tank.

The start point is that i have already one pair of A. guttata in one of the "big" tanks. Ambition is that I would like to breed every species that i put into this setup, at same time i want to keep at least 4 species.

I want some help with the setup, how many fish in each tank, how many different species, planted, some plants or no plants, etc .

Any kind of ideas are welcomed.

Regards / Chris

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I love A. guttata. My pair was not in the least aggressive (as claimed by Dr. Römer), but I kept my pair in a 20 gallon long aquarium. When you get fry, send some to me!:wink:

Chris(wildcaught!)

5 Year Member
I agree with you Mike, i had this pair since february and they are getting along pretty good, I put a pair of A. Baenschi in the same tank a while ago but that didn't work out well, the guttata male was so aggressive i had to remove the inkas after some time. So they are not completley lame.

But I wonder if Römer had got hold of wildcaught specimens or not?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomek B.

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….