• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Advertising=Banned

Should we activate image varification for all posts?

• Yes, I wouldn't mind if it helped reduce spam/advertising

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No, I hate image verification, would keep me from posting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't feel there is a spam/advertising problem

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Other opinion - I'll post my feelings in the thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
5 Year Member
I have started banning users who spam/advertise in the forum. This won't stop new users from posting spam but it will help elminate the repeat posting.

If you are as tired of the spam as I am, please voice your opinion about turning on image verification.

For those unfamiliar with IV it's an option of the forum software that requires the users to enter the randomly displayed text in order to post a new thread. This isn't something I like to do but if it will help reduce the bot's from posting spam in the forum I'm willing to try it.

What's your opinion?

fishgeek

can image verification be applied to posters with less than , say 10 posts ? then the genuine repeat users not need to keep doing it?

andrew

dhm325

5 Year Member
Is giving a plug to a fish seller that makes his living by selling fish (as opposed to a hobbyist) constitute advertising? I would like to tell everyone about a new distributor that I have found but I am not sure if it complies with the forum's rules. Please advise. Thanks.

Roach

5 Year Member
fishgeek said:
can image verification be applied to posters with less than , say 10 posts ? then the genuine repeat users not need to keep doing it?

andrew

I think that's a pretty good idea. From my knowledge the bots only sign up and post once generally so that would stop them.

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
I have no problems with people recommending dealers - or even dealers promoting their aquarium products - if it is basically saying "see XYZ Fish Supply's web site at www.XYZ". That certainly is different from spammers offering drugs, electronics, & other inappropriate items.

Griz

5 Year Member
I think it's a good idea. It would be nice if there is a way to apply it only to members with a certain post count or new members, but either way I'm in favour of it if it will foil the spambots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DayanaSic

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….