• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

N. adoketa in spawning mood

blueblue

5 Year Member
N. adoketa in spawning mood :)

adoket3a_294.jpg

adoket1a_116.jpg

adoketa2a_281.jpg

retro_gk

5 Year Member
Nice!

Do you have just the pair in the tank? I hear aggression amongst females is higher in this species, thoughts?

blueblue

5 Year Member
retro_gk said:
Nice!

Do you have just the pair in the tank? I hear aggression amongst females is higher in this species, thoughts?

Yes, i just keep this pair in a tank... before they live in this tank, they're kept in a 40 inches long tank. They require a large tank for pairing up :)

Microman

5 Year Member
blueblue said:
Yes, i just keep this pair in a tank... before they live in this tank, they're kept in a 40 inches long tank. They require a large tank for pairing up :)

Hi Blueblue,
My Adoketa,6fish,were initially housed in a 28"long-15"wide-8"high tank and 2 pairs formed from the 6 fish in this tank. Both pairs now spawning in tanks of this size.
Mark...

blueblue

5 Year Member
Microman said:
Hi Blueblue,
My Adoketa,6fish,were initially housed in a 28"long-15"wide-8"high tank and 2 pairs formed from the 6 fish in this tank. Both pairs now spawning in tanks of this size.
Mark...

Thanks Mark for your comments. So, do you have some tips for me in breeding this species? They laid eggs several times but all eggs are gone
overnight... ...

Microman

5 Year Member
Sorry Blueblue im experiencing similar problems myself.
Ive just removed some eggs from a semi-adult pair only this evening to hatch artificially.....
IME males always tend to eat the eggs. Hoping my fish get through this egg eating stage as they mature.
Mark...

blueblue

5 Year Member
Sorry Blueblue im experiencing similar problems myself.
Ive just removed some eggs from a semi-adult pair only this evening to hatch artificially.....
IME males always tend to eat the eggs. Hoping my fish get through this egg eating stage as they mature.
Mark...

i see, thx Mark. I have just purchased a UV sterilizing device today, will connect it to my eheim filter and hope the eggs can be hatched by the parent fish :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….