• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Fishroom visits

fishboy20

5 Year Member
Nice looking photos and information as always Ted. BTW, you aren't the only one without Frontosa. In fact you won't even find one African Cichlid species in my tanks. Although I just went to my friends house and saw some awesome Pelvicachromis species. I might have to take a dive into those very soon. Keep the info. coming, I love it.

~Jeremy Basch
Webpage-http://www.AmazonCichlids.com

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Randall... no clue. All Jeff knows is that the fish came from Toyin on an order Jeff bought a while ago (1 - 2 years?). The word from Anton is that it is undescribed. I need ot contact Toyin about it... see if he remembers where it came from.

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Sure Andrew....

Charley uses a bedding produced here in Wisconsin called 'Magic Worm Bedding' instead of a soil/peat mix. It is a LOT cleaner than the mix, so I am going to switch to that for all my worms. He also feeds, as he always has, yeast-water soaked natural white bread. He makes teh yeast-water by dissolving some yeast (not a lot) in water, then soaking the bread in it so it is thoroughly wet. He places the bread on top of the culture. No spraying with water because there is a lot of water in the bread. His cultures (in a large plastic shoebox) would have produced over a cup of clean white worms... easy! He feeds again after the worms have totally eaten a piece of bread.

Pelvicachromis

5 Year Member
Hi Ted,

Not sure if matters on a fish website or not but the turtle photo from your visit to Jeff's is Phrynops hilarii from Argentina and Uruguay (that one is most likely from Uruguay.

Keith

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….