• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cichlid Atlas 2 -Romer

blueblue

5 Year Member
Mike Wise said:
The entire manuscript is not at the publishers yet, but I expect it will be out within the next 2-3 months.

Thanks Mike. It means we still have to wait... i know you have read some parts of it, are there any interesting new things/fish in the book that you could tell us (so that we will be even more eager to buy it :)

R

reddstagg

I read this acouple of days ago
out within the next 2-3 months.

Was just on an online nature bookshop and they had the second edition due to be released in 2008, if Uwe said its out in 2-3 months, then ill believe it or is that just an assumption? Its my favorite book (edition 1) and im really wanting to get my hands on edition 2. Theres a bunch of us in australia craving the 2nd edition.

Link to book shop
Cichlid Atlas, Volume 1: Natural History of South American Dwarf Cichlids
Uwe Romer
Mergus Verlag
| Edition 2 | in preparation due 2008 | Price to be announced

Roach

5 Year Member
Everyone seems to have hardons for the 1st volume. I reckon I better get my hands on a copy.

Reddstagg, where did you get your copy from?

R

reddstagg

I wrote to Mergus yesterday and got a response.

I wrote
I have heard rumours of a 2nd edition of Dr. Uwe Romers Cichlid atlas, thats said to be due for a release sometime this month.
Just wondering if you confirm a release

Mergus wrote
Hello and sorry,
not true. The book will appear in early 2007.
It`s not the second edition but the 2. volume

regards Mergus

Sorry mikewise
but i doubt we will see it within the next 2-3 months.

Deano

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Uwe told me that it should be available sometime between December 2006 & February 2007. Volume 1 should be available in English again about a month later. It seems that a warehouse fire destroyed the entire inventory of the book.

blueblue

5 Year Member
Mike Wise said:
Uwe told me that it should be available sometime between December 2006 & February 2007. Volume 1 should be available in English again about a month later. It seems that a warehouse fire destroyed the entire inventory of the book.

Thanks Mike for the update.
Oh... a fire!! i am terribly sorry to learn that and we all have to wait for a longer time then...

zmirek

5 Year Member
blueblue said:
Thanks Mike for the update.
Oh... a fire!! i am terribly sorry to learn that and we all have to wait for a longer time then...
Hi
Blueblue , AFAIK fire destroyed remaining inventory of English version but CA1 so it is not a reason of CA2 delay
Regards

valice

5 Year Member
Mike Wise said:

So that's why there seems to be no stock for Volume 1 on most if not all online retailers...

blueblue

5 Year Member
i see and thanks...
Hmm... am i right that there will be a second edition of Volume 1? So, did the
fire burn the old (1st ed) of Volume 1 or the new second edition? :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sortof_here

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….