• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

German Eliza - Super Red from Mr. Wilhelm

blueblue

5 Year Member
German Eliza - Super Red from Mr. Wilhelm ^.^
I just bought it earlier today.

germane001a_728.jpg

germane002a_151.jpg

In the bag... already very very very red ^.^
germane03bag1_498.jpg

blueblue

5 Year Member
Boupette said:
Hummm... Beautifull! Is this wild?

Thanks Boupette. No, it is NOT wild, but is the tank-bred type
from Mr. Wilhelm's fish farm... one of the most renowned breeders
in the world for the toppest quality of apisto, including super red
eliza.

blueblue

5 Year Member
Boupette said:
So beautifull... Does he ship in Canada?
hmm, you have to ask him then.. hehe...^.^
my fish came from a local fish vendor called "Aquatic Store",
which obtained fish from a trading company known as "Brasil Aquarium" in Taiwan. Brasil Aquarium is an authorized dealer of apistos from Mr. Wilhelm
in Asia.

MikeNYC

5 Year Member
Blue,

I currently have a femail Eliza "red" that I bought from my LFS in NYC. I am searching for a male or a pair, could you lead me in the right direction? I will post a pic of her, she is doing great with nice coloration and has grown to about 1.25 inches. How large do the females get? How large do males get?

I have a 29 gallon SA setup, soft water and PH at 6.5, with a school of beckford pencilfish.

Thanks

blueblue

5 Year Member
Hi Mike, 1.25 inch female eliza is already mature enough to breed;
Hmm, the largest female eliza i have ever seen is about 2 inches long,
the male eliza can grow up to 3 inches long.

I am not sure if it is easy for you to find eliza, while if it is possible, please
try to find the german ones (or their F1), they look more attractive than
the others (if you like blood-red eliza). I will post some more eliza here for your reference.

MikeNYC said:
Blue,

I currently have a femail Eliza "red" that I bought from my LFS in NYC. I am searching for a male or a pair, could you lead me in the right direction? I will post a pic of her, she is doing great with nice coloration and has grown to about 1.25 inches. How large do the females get? How large do males get?

I have a 29 gallon SA setup, soft water and PH at 6.5, with a school of beckford pencilfish.

Thanks

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dkalmanson

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….