• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Crenicichla regani "Tapajos'

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
Just got two pairs of these dwarf-pike beauties today from Jeff Rapps (www.tangledupincichlids.com). Great fish as very nice price!

crenragani2.jpg

dunc

5 Year Member
Stunning mate. I love Dwarf Pikes:biggrin:

I was trying to get a hold of some Crenicichla compressiceps for my 125 litre tank but nowhere had them. Now I've filled the tank, Trimar suddenly have the compressiceps for sale. Typical:mad:

tjnelson44

5 Year Member
Nice fish Ted, do you have any more pics? I am curious because I have a pair of dwarf pikes and still have not figured out what species they are. At first I was not even sure if they were dwarfs but I have had them for around 7 months and they are still about 4 inches. They look very similar to the fish in your photo.
Trevor

tjudy

Staff member
5 Year Member
If you have a female, does she has clear black ocelli in her dorsal fine? If so, she is likely a regani. No other pictures yet. Soon...

Z Man

5 Year Member
If the black ocelli has a white aura around it probably Regani; red aura possibly Notophthalmus. Noto's also have the first few rays of the male's dorsal fin seperated and extended slightly.

tjnelson44

5 Year Member
my female has a black ocelli that is lined in red, the one that i believe is a male (no ocelli) does not have any extensions on its dorsal fin. I really wish i had got them from a supplier who knew something of there orgins but I found them at one of the large pet chains. Petsmart or Petco, cant remember which. There were only two of them and they were mixed in with some larger pikes, the store employess did not know what they were and I was able to talk the manager into selling them for $3.99 each.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sortof_here

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….