• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Cichlid Atlas Key

JG

5 Year Member
Can anyone provide a page number that provides a legend for the remarks that Romer uses at the end of each species profiile as I was having some difficulty in locating that?

T: temperature
L: Length for male & female
A: I'm assuming is aquarium length/size
R: ?
D: Distribution?

J

Chris(wildcaught!)

5 Year Member
I don't think there is a legend at all in the Römer book. However i did some thinking combined with reading the book back and forth.

T= Temperature
L= Length of species
A= Recommended aquarium length
R= Region, i.e. m= middle of the tank, b= bottom
D= Difficulty 1=easy, 4=rather demanding species

Hope it will help u, if someone else has another interpretation, please reply

/Chris

Oupsy

5 Year Member
If you have the book, or can read it somewhere, the legend can be found in Mergus Aquarium Atlas 1. It's page 200 in mine, but it s french version so might not be the same in yours. (it's the page just before species description).

Also Chris is right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….