• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

altispinosa despuit

naggur

5 Year Member
I got new bolivian ram and now I'm, sure that it's a male cose the tailfin got lyra shape and dorsal is moer pointy also he got more colour on the body than my 1st one. how ever when I released him 2 my tank the defenet female got in an figth whit him ( maybe to congratulate or show how's in charge).
now here comes the quis: is it normal for her to figth new fishes or is she just jupin 4 joy finaly getin an "man" in the house????????????????????'

fishgeek

i find bolivian rams fight more than apisto's and can really beat each other up even if a compatible pair, ensure there is enough space to escape to

andrew

naggur

5 Year Member
when I looked at the tank this morning I saw both of them clean an rockform backgrond so I guess they are getin along I hope I'll get some spawn later on

naggur

5 Year Member
now there is an new prob. the female is lost ( for about 3 days) but the male is alaround the tank, I think I know one place she migth be in but afrait of takin it away cose maybe she got eggs or babys. u think I should take the backwall away and check out if she is still alive or let it be few days more and hope shee will show her self or the fry? I really dont know what to do, plz help me or tell me what to do cose rams here are really exspencive

scott

5 Year Member
i would try to find her if she doesn't show up soon. unlike apistogrammas, i beleve mikrogeophagus altispinosa are open spawners. this means that instead of laying eggs and brooding wrigglers in a cave of some sort they usually lay eggs out in the open on a flat surface such as a rock or even plant leaf, then when the eggs hatch the wrigglers are usually moved around from on "pit" that the parents dig in the gravel to another. good luck with them, i hope you find some fry with her!

naggur

5 Year Member
I took the background sligthly away and foud her with fry/eggs, she is wentilating them in an slow motion so I'm gona sit back next week or so. but I found it really strange cose the space isn't really big aprox 4" long and 6" high.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sortof_here

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….