• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Pure Fish Works ?

Ekona

5 Year Member
Does anyone have experience ordering apistos from Pure Fish Works in Minnesota? They currently have an availability list with a lot of rare apistos. Thanks.

JDM

5 Year Member
Don’t ever buy fish from this crook. I sent him over $1000 for rare Apistos a year and a half ago and he said he lost all them because of a 3 day power outage and to this day has not refunded any money or sent any fish. I contacted him about a month ago and after a lengthy conversation we agreed on him sending fish that equaled 1/4 of the money I sent and he now doesn’t respond again. Ironically he is good friends with Apistodave who did the exact same thing to a good friend of mine just a few months earlier. My advice is stay away from this criminal

Ekona

5 Year Member
Don’t ever buy fish from this crook. I sent him over $1000 for rare Apistos a year and a half ago and he said he lost all them because of a 3 day power outage and to this day has not refunded any money or sent any fish. I contacted him about a month ago and after a lengthy conversation we agreed on him sending fish that equaled 1/4 of the money I sent and he now doesn’t respond again. Ironically he is good friends with Apistodave who did the exact same thing to a good friend of mine just a few months earlier. My advice is stay away from this criminal

Thank you JDM.
Sorry to hear of your being ripped off by the owner of Pure Fish Works. Unbelievable! The reason I posted the question was because of his dodgy communication and claiming that obvious internet photos of apistos were photos taken of his fish. Another apisto keeper got back to me via PM and stated he was ripped off by PFW as well. I leaned not to deal with Apisto Dave years ago.

pastry

5 Year Member
Apisto Dave & I had a colorful email chain several years ago after I was wondering where my 2 pairs of Borellis were. BUT, ... Although his lack of communication killed me, I ended up eating crow BIG TIME. The very next day my fish were there (and it was not overnighted and so I went High and to the right a little too fast). Instead of 2 pair... there were 3 healthy pairs. Quality too.

I just felt compelled to throw that out there. Still killed me on communication, but delivery FAR exceeded expectations. I can't discount anyone else's experience I can only share my own. Hell, he even blocked me on aquabid but just recently unblocked me because he forgot I ate the hell out of some Crow when I put my foot in my mouth the first time. Currently waiting on another order from him. Who knows when it will come but it will come.

yukondog

5 Year Member
Never dealt with Pure Fish Works but have with Dave, you right about the lack of communication with him, but I have ordered from him in the past and will again. I ordered 3 apistos from him, all came in dead so i contacted him and he sent out another order right away, instead of receiving the 3 fish I ordered he sent 6 [3 pairs].

Ekona

5 Year Member
When an expert in apistos offers for sale pairs of a species and agrees to a sale of three pairs and then commences to send 6 males and when questioned, demands photos ,and when photos are sent insists it is three pairs when clearly it is all males (verified by multiple apisto experts), I give up - quickly - perhaps too quickly:(.

sefscf

5 Year Member

sefscf

5 Year Member
Don’t ever buy fish from this crook. I sent him over $1000 for rare Apistos a year and a half ago and he said he lost all them because of a 3 day power outage and to this day has not refunded any money or sent any fish. I contacted him about a month ago and after a lengthy conversation we agreed on him sending fish that equaled 1/4 of the money I sent and he now doesn’t respond again. Ironically he is good friends with Apistodave who did the exact same thing to a good friend of mine just a few months earlier. My advice is stay away from this criminal[/QUOTE)

sefscf

5 Year Member
So I am here to defend myself. I am the owner of Purefishworks. JDM let’s tell them the real story of what happened. You made three orders with me. One was sent then you order tangs. and you told me to hold until I had another order of South Americans. In the mean time I was placing a peru order and you had told me you wanted to order so I sent you a invoice and you never paid for them but brought them in and had to sit on them. I made several attempts to get a hold of you. And 1000.00 I don’t think so I have all the amounts if anyone wants to see I have keep a folder of all or conversions and funds paid because of this type of stuff. Plus a three day power outage. It was 4 hours and none of those were your fish cause remember you supposedly where in the hospital dying. Because I was going to send to you and you never replied until your wife had to stop me from sending because you were sick and all your tank went to crap. Yes you reached out to me and I was willing to send but things you requested I was out of. You just reached out again and asked for things and I was out of most of them. I am far from a crook I held on to your fish for almost 7 months feedings them and taking care of them. They took up tank space I could of used. Also you compare me to David you did the same dam things to him you buy all these fish and make us sit on them and when it’s right you want them on your time. How fair is that to talk cruel about someone when all your saying is lies. I would say you are a crook and con artist and people should stay away from you. Funny thing I was going to contact you today and give you my two new list but after reading this. I still going to send to you because I am a man of my word and I make everything right. So let’s get past this childish behavior and contact me so we can get you your fish

miguelgr7

5 Year Member
It is very unfortunate what I read about Pure Fish I do not think it is a thief, my experience with them has been good, I bought fish from them and I did not have that kind of problems and I received good fish of good quality, I hope everything was a misunderstanding and that has been solved.

Aquaman074

5 Year Member
Great experience with Purefishworks.
The fish arrived the same day via air in great condition and we'll packed.

allentwnguy

I've dealt with Dave 3 times. What I can say as a purchaser... Don't over extend yourself. If there is a problem give the seller a fair chance to make good. If he does and you still aren't happy with the seller's quality/shipping/attitude chalk up one to experience and don't do business with them again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….