• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma Male Death

Clancey Fritsch

Hi all my apistogramma agassizii double red male passed away this morning and I am very sad :( I noticed last night after work he had a very swollen eye. He was perfectly fine in the morning eating and enjoying life. Then that night I noticed his right eye was ginormous. It was about 11 at night and I wanted to do a water change (because I looked it up and said it could be because of water quality, i had not cleaned the tank in about a week because of school starting) but I couldn't because I had school this morning very early. So I fed them (and he ate) and put some melafix in and went to bed. I woke up this morning to find him dead. And it seemed like awhile. I keep wanting to blame myself but on the other hand I feel like nothing could be done. If anyone has been through this I'd like to know what the problem was. He is my first show male and I loved him very much and I spent good money and time on him and the community tank and I am very deeply saddened. The female, Otos, and tetras are all doing fine. Sorry for the long post

Clancey Fritsch

This happens to most aquarists. Fish like most animals are very good at hiding disease problems. It's a survival mechanism. Sorry for your loss.
Mike this is kinda urgent! My fish is alive and not well. I have no idea what I buried in my garden I swore it was him. His eyes look terrible and seems as if he is completely blind. What should I do?

Attachments

• Snapchat-1486126024.jpg
    Snapchat-1486126024.jpg
    518.1 KB · Views: 208

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….