• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Species and Sex

Clancey Fritsch

Recently purchased these two apistogrammas and they were sold to me as A. Agassizii "Blue." Looked it up on Google and I haven't seen a fish that has looked like it yet. Wondering if anyone could help me identify which species they are. Also they were sold to me as a pair and I'm pretty sure they are but I'd like to know for certain.
Thanks a lot

Attachments

• Snapchat-2074892479.jpg
    Snapchat-2074892479.jpg
    686.2 KB · Views: 636
  • Snapchat-971754601.jpg
    Snapchat-971754601.jpg
    712.9 KB · Views: 647

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Recently purchased these two apistogrammas and they were sold to me as A. Agassizii "Blue." Looked it up on Google and I haven't seen a fish that has looked like it yet. Wondering if anyone could help me identify which species they are. Also they were sold to me as a pair and I'm pretty sure they are but I'd like to know for certain.
Thanks a lot
They look like Apistogramma "Steel-Blue". I'm 99% certain <"they are both males">.

I kept them a while ago and the males were <"quite aggressive towards one another">. I eventually obtained a female (these are only occasionally for sale), but it all <"ended in tears">.

cheers Darrel

Clancey Fritsch

Clancey Fritsch

Hi all, They look like Apistogramma "Steel-Blue". I'm 99% certain <"they are both
cheers Darrel
Do you think I should return them then. I was looking for a pair an
Hi all,If you could take them back I would.

Where do you live? Are you in the UK?

cheers Darrel
No U.S. I'm planning on returning them even though the fish store says they wont give me a free refund

Carter

6F8D4ACD-18F1-4E28-8AD5-F9D434E09DFD.jpeg F6A80510-7A62-471A-9E0A-F50C80D90DC9.jpeg 6E4A15FE-1105-4A24-884B-05E9E64EBDE3.jpeg Got a pair here, not the best pics but are apistogramma steel blue. I got about 12 frys right now biggest is about half an inch.

Last edited:

Carter

Got a pair here, not the best pics but are apistogramma steel blue. I got about 12 frys right now biggest is about half an inch.

I’m located USA

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….