• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Member!

RookieFishGuy90

Hello All!

I am new here, and I am generally new to fish keeping. I have a 29 g with a apisto nijsenni, cherry barbs, panda garra, and a red racer nerite snail. It is planted with java fern, different types of anubias plants, and some java moss. I like to feed them Hikari Vibrabites (the fish all go bonkers for it), Fluval Bug Bites, freeze dried blood worms, and frozen brine shrimp (but not often). Since switching to the VIbrabites, my male cherries are FIRE red :).

I also have a 1.5 g with an awesome blue/aqua/pink/orange betta planted with littorella uniflora and of course a moss ball. He also goes bonkers for Vibrabites.

When I got my aquarium I did a lot of looking around for a unique showcase fish that would do well in a 29g. Decided on an apisto after watching some Aquarium Co-Op vids on YouTube. Came to really be drawn to all the different species! I often sit on the couch and research different species of apisto as my wife is watching the Bachelor on TV haha. I am excited to have a place to post questions since I am new-ish to fish keeping. (Had my apisto for a year now, and my betta for a few months). Hopefully you guys can help me to from novice to something more of an expert!

Looking forward to it!

-RFG90

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csteele

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….