• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Identification help on A. Cacatuoides 'Super Red'

Don R

I could use some helping figuring out if this is a female or a sneaker male. Thanks!

Attachments

• female.jpg
    female.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 524

Drayden Farci

5 Year Member
It really could be both. If it starts to turn bright yellow then good chance that you've got a female, but if they never get along it could be a male.

Don R

I got another picture today, the Dorsal looks to be developing further. He is chasing it around more, and even though it has more yellow showing (and a more round belly). Bright side my LFS said they will swap with me if I find it to be a male.
MVIMG_20190227_205843.jpg

Don R

So she turned yellow and the bloated belly went down. Now she pretty much stays in the driftwood cave in the tank. Thanks for all the help guys =]

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomek B.

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….