• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Agassizi Double Red & Agassizi Golden

Tahir

I'm setting up a 2-feet planted aquarium as specific to Apisto Agassizi requirements as I could. I could only get hold of a pair each of Agassizi Double Red and Agassizi Golden, as Apistos are seldom in the market this side of the world where I live. Can I keep these two different Agassizi pairs together in this 2-feet set up? I'd also appreciate any suggestions in this regard. Thank you.

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
I'm setting up a 2-feet planted aquarium as specific to Apisto Agassizi requirements as I could. I could only get hold of a pair each of Agassizi Double Red and Agassizi Golden, as Apistos are seldom in the market this side of the world where I live. Can I keep these two different Agassizi pairs together in this 2-feet set up? I'd also appreciate any suggestions in this regard. Thank you.
You can only fit one pair in a tank that size.

cheers Darrel

Ade205

Agree with Darrel.

Also, even with just one pair, you will need to keep an eye on the female in that size tank if not enough structure. Some male Agassizii are extremely relentless at chasing the female if she's not ready or willing to spawn. The opposite can happen when the female has fry, with the male getting attacked. Most aggressive mum Apisto I've ever had was an Agassizii.

Ade.

Tahir

Thank you for the input and the suggestions. If I set up the tank with dense vegetation, many cave formations and in a way where I could split the tank that aids territorial formations, can it work out having these two different pairs of Agassizi strain in this tank? Is there a possibility?

dw1305

5 Year Member
Hi all,
Thank you for the input and the suggestions. If I set up the tank with dense vegetation, many cave formations and in a way where I could split the tank that aids territorial formations, can it work out having these two different pairs of Agassizi strain in this tank? Is there a possibility?
The more cover, and ways you have of breaking up line of sight you have the better, but I'm pretty sure that one of the males will kill the other one.

cheers Darrel

Tahir

Thank you. I have decided to keep just one pair of Agassizi in this tank. It seems like the right thing to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sortof_here

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….