• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from York, PA

BillV

Hi All,

Im new to the site, and very interested in Apistogramma species. Ive been into aquariums for 40 years, started when i was 12. Ive done a wide range of tanks, African mbunas, South American cichlids (not apistogramma though), gold fish, community tanks.... Im currently running 2 tanks, a 29 gallon and a 55, down from 4 tanks. I hope to learn a lot from you all, and see where I go with these fish. Im currently looking at stocking the 29 gallon with a pair, and adding complimentary fish around them. The tank is established, planted, etc

Cheers, Bill

Ade205

Hi Bill and welcome.

Tank sounds ideal. Do you have any ideas or preference to which Apistos your wanting to keep? And do you intend to breed them?

Ade.

BillV

Here is my tank: 2 pieces of driftwood formed into a cave of sorts, various annubias, some java fern, some rocks and pebbles, it’s very low light. I may through some crypts in it too. I don’t have one species that Im set on yet, however I was looking at Apistogramma borelli 'Blue' that I saw on aqua bid that Im sure that was a stock photo, but it sure was pretty. If there are more striking Apisti then let me know. What I do want is a striking centerpiece fish for the tank to go along with a cloud of tetras, maybe some hatchet fish, a couple of cory cats. As far as breeding, that’s cool. Usually my fish do breed for me, its fun to watch their behavior, and its fun to grow out fry.
20190216_180323_zpslcawwny8.jpg.html

BillV

Well i pulled the trigger, I ordered a pair of Apistogramma borellii "Blue" today. I was thinking about the Opal, but I really like the yellow head and blue body. I may convert my 55 from goldfish if I like em as much as I hope to

Ade205

Awesome. Make sure to get some pics up once you have them and they've settled in.
You will love them, they are the most addictive fish ever... first time you see a proud new mum shepherding her babies around the tank you'll be even more hooked!

Ade.

SteveRuiz

You are near Rachel O'Leary; she has many aquariums and posts on youtube some interesting videos. Welcome and best wishes for you and your fish.

SteveRuiz

You are near Rachel O'Leary; she has many aquariums and posts on youtube some interesting videos. Welcome and best wishes for you and your fish.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….