• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Breedin Apisto Norberti

ThePuzzleMaker

Hey guys,
I've been planning to breed apistogrammas for a long time now. I finally have everything I need but I can only find Apistos Norberti, one of the species that I researched the least.

I have a 30g and I planned to add a trio but looking into norberti, I see that most people breed them in pairs. What do you guys suggest?

Any advice, tips or anything about Norberti is immensely appreciated!

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Add them all to the tank at the same time - and quickly remove the fish that does not pair up. Breeding needs and behaior are similar to A. nijsseni.

rasmusW

5 Year Member
bart hazes from this board got a full blog post on norberti's.. hope he don't mind me linking to his site...

link

good luck.

-r

ThePuzzleMaker

Thank you Mike! I have a spare 10g where I'll put the second female until I find her a new home.

Rasmus, thank you for the link, really interesting!

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomek B.

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….