• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Greetings from Hazy Hot and Humid Richmond Va!!!

Norman Fenske

It seems people get addicted to all sorts of things drugs and alcohol for the most part but then there are other things as well my home theater is one and Apisto's is the newest addiction. I have had aquariums since I was 4 so roughly 50 plus still have not gotten tired of this hobby!! Roughly 6 months ago went to a LFS and saw my 1st pr of Orange Flash not knowing squat about them they died within a week. Decided to take the time and read ask questions. Now I currently have 7prs which are:
2 prs of Triple Reds ( 1 pr I believe the F is guarding the eggs based on behavior )
2 prs of Orange Flash ( 1 pr has approx. 20 plus fry amazing how small and long it takes for them to grow )
1 pr Trifasciata's
1 pr Veijita's Had to move these to a different tank and found out too late the F had laid eggs
5 Golden Cacatuoides still small but with 5 should get a pr.
New arrivals should be here by 22 or 23
1 pr RioNegro Breitbinden
1 pr Personata
1 pr Double Reds
1 pr Curutu
I decided to jump in and go for it.

Norman Fenske

I keep my tanks in my sunroom 200sq.ft and glad it has a concrete foundation!! Before I leaped into Apisto's my focus was peacocks and mbuna not what you find in pet stores I like different!! Prior to that was Lake Tang. Cichlids not as colorful but big on personality. What I think is great and I have asked plenty of questions having a pr in a 10g set up for breeding is okay. I have also read people have raised them in 2.5g on up and I have also read 20g is the preferred size so a lot depends on who you ask. All I can say mine are healthy have fry in one tank possibly 2 and given sometime hopefully more!! The one really bad thing with Apisto's and really it stinks there are so many to choose from you can shop around and think wow I just bought some cool fish and then find another site and realize you missed out on nicer ones. The nature of the beast!! So far its great..

Norman Fenske

A week delay on the 4 prs I was supposed to get this week, the breeder went on Vacation has the ones I am getting in quarantine to make sure they are healthy when I get them. Instead of being ok with the ones I have and the ones coming I ended up buying a group of 4 Fire Red Agassizi. The only way I can add any more tanks is build some racks. Now I will have 12prs I think its time to stop!!!

Norman Fenske

I am having a hard enough time trying to go to the James River Aquatic Society meetings. The meetings are held approx. 30 minutes from where I live but for one reason or another have not made it yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….