• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma rubrolineata ?

Mpaw

5 Year Member
Fish arrive from Peru as Apistogramma rubrolineta, please confirm.
Dominant male, he is very careful.
rubro_maledominant1.jpg
rubro_maledominant2.jpg

Other males.
rubro_male1.jpg
rubro_male2.jpg

Female
rubro_female1.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
These photos show several fish, right? The 1st 2 photos are probably A. rubrolineata, but are not good enough for a 100% ID. The 3rd photo is a resticulosa-complex and might be A. rubrolineata (or another species like A. cf. resticulosa Madre de Dios). The 4th photo is a eunotus-complex species. Not positive about the female in the 5th photo, probably a eunotus-complex species.

Mpaw

5 Year Member
Yes, three different males, probably the largest. The female from 5th photo adores the male from 1st and 2nd photo ??, any suggestions ;),
I will take pictures of other females and smaller males, this maybe help in identification, I have more than 50 of them, I have to sort them.

Bart Hazes

I agree with Mike. The first two males look very similar to my rubrolineata and the third similar enough. The female is very interesting with bold bars and pink/orange belly. Unlike any I've seen and definitely not a rubrolineata female. Odd that she is oggling the rubro males but I hope she ends up being of the same species as the 4th male.

Mpaw

5 Year Member
Thanks guys, males from 4th photo have elongated third ray in the caudal fin, I have a male with an elongated ray at the bottom of the tail too.
Probably it is cf. eunotus orangetail.

Females rubrolineata ?
rubrolineata truefemale.jpg

Biggest female cf. eunotus.
cf_female1.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
The 1st photo appears to be a commbrae-complex species (narrow lateral band + double caudal patch). It looks like you have a merry-mix of species from different locations.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….