• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Vacation Care

Levin Tilghman

5 Year Member
How long can Apistos be left alone without being fed? Especially in a large, uncrowded aquarium. Can live food be provided that will last longer than a week or so, such as live daphnia? Has anyone had any experiences with a pet sitting service? v

Ttw

5 Year Member
I have left my fish for 10 days without a problem. Two weeks is pushing things. Having someone else feed your fish often turns out bad.

TCMontium

5 Year Member
Automatic feeders usually work for weeks to months (battery lasts maybe even for a year, the food runs out first, usually). For how long of a time are you going away?

ButtNekkid

5 Year Member
What kind of substrate do you have? If fine sand, problem solved for a while.
I´ ve kept my Apistos on a diet for a week and no problems.

Dean Castle

Sorry to jump on this thread..........what are people's thoughts on holiday blocks. I'm away for 10 days shortly and the last time I asked someone to feed my N. Anomala, it nearly ended in tears. Thanks in advance.

Dean

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….