• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello guys from U.K

Ajlythgoe

Hi guys

New to breeding apistos. Have a 110l tank and would be great if I could have some advice on the correct way to set up the tank to breeding successfully.

Ade205

Hi and welcome.

What species are you looking to breed?
Generally, I find sand substrate is best and plenty of caves, though a couple of coconut half's usually suffice! Many females like to re-arrange the cave entrance depth by building up the sand to a point where only she can squeeze in on her side! Remember males do not need to enter the breeding cave to spawn. Other than this some low light plants, maybe some leaves and a small shoal of dithers usually is alls needed. Some species need softer water.... I live in Derbyshire and my water is very hard but I cant stop my Cacatuoides spawing currently lol

Great to see other uk members, where abouts in the UK are you?

Ade.

Ajlythgoe

Hi ade

I have agassizii double reds 1 male and 2 females and I've added a picture of my tank set up any suggestions on how to improve it would be much appreciated. I'm from crewe.

Aj

Attachments

• 1528135438159186940117.jpg
    1528135438159186940117.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 340

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….