• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from Virginia

Mtfallstodd

Hi all,
Todd from Mountain Fall, Virginia. Long time avid aquarist. Have had all kinds of aquarium setups over the last 5 decades. Maintained a thriving 125 gallon reef tank built into my basement family room wall for 15 years. As unlikely as it sounds, I became bored with it and changed to a native tank with darters, minnows and sunfish. It has been by far my most enjoyable tank ever. I currently also have a 30 gallon tank with tetras , a silver angelfish, and lots of live plants. I have been bugging my LFS to bring in some Apistos that were close to something wild caught. Just recently they had a tank full of "assorted" apistos. I picked out the boldest one and took it home. I will be posting pics when I get some for ID help. Looking forward the joining in the conversation on this forum.
Todd

gerald

5 Year Member
Good to see you here too Todd. Whenever "assorted Apistos" show up (often wild), if you have any hope of breeding them without hybridizing, it's a good idea to get several because you may never get a positive species ID on some of them, so finding a mate of the same variety months or years later might be nearly impossible.

finzz

5 Year Member
Welcome, Todd;
I'm in Linden- not too far from you. In fact, I have family in Mountain Falls. It's nice to see there are others in the area interested in Apistos.

Don

Linus_Cello

5 Year Member

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….