• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

WC Apistogramma agassizii Rio Maniti???? I need help!!!

miguelgr7

5 Year Member
Hello everyone, I would like you to help me identify this wonderful agassizii, A friend gave me this fish but does not know where it is, someone could help me identify the location, this agassizii is WC and I think is from Rio Maniti but I am not sure.

DSC_1570.jpg

DSC_1569.jpg

DSC_1566.jpg

DSC_1532.jpg

DSC_1528.jpg

DSC_1505.jpg

DSC_1503.jpg

DSC_1501.jpg

DSC_1498.jpg

DSC_1489.jpg

DSC_1485.jpg

Mbkemp

I can't answer your question but I love your fish!! Might make make me rethink these guys. Beautiful!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Without knowing for certain that the fish was collected in the Río Maniti it is impossible to give it a precise collecting location. The Río Maniti is a small river in Peru near Leticia, Colombia. There is a collecting station in Leticia that ships to exporters in Bogota. I've collected A. agassizii from the Leticia area and none looked much like your fish. Why do you think it's from the Maniti?

miguelgr7

5 Year Member
Without knowing for certain that the fish was collected in the Río Maniti it is impossible to give it a precise collecting location. The Río Maniti is a small river in Peru near Leticia, Colombia. There is a collecting station in Leticia that ships to exporters in Bogota. I've collected A. agassizii from the Leticia area and none looked much like your fish. Why do you think it's from the Maniti?
Thank you for your prompt response Mike, I consulted a people i was told that they may be from the river Maniti by the color of the tail and body, I think they did not know much, that's why I consulted you because I know you know a lot on apistogrammas, you could tell me what kind of agassizii is by the colors of the fish and the fins? Could you identify him? can you help me?.

Greetings

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
Color means very little in A. agassizii. This is a highly polychromatic species - even within a collecting location. The caudal fin pattern is one of the more ornate forms found on several populations/forms/species of agassizii-complex species found in Brazil and northeastern Peru.

miguelgr7

5 Year Member
Color means very little in A. agassizii. This is a highly polychromatic species - even within a collecting location. The caudal fin pattern is one of the more ornate forms found on several populations/forms/species of agassizii-complex species found in Brazil and northeastern Peru.
Ok Mike, Then it is ruled out the possibility that it is flamenco too, I could call it cf agassizii or sp agassizii ??

Greetings

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
It might be, but the color is rather poor for a Río Tigre population (aka Flamenco). Without knowing any more about it, I would just call it an A. agassizii.

themountain

5 Year Member
He looks like mine from Rio Itaya....unfortunatelly I dont have recent pics but that location is quite a long way from Leticia.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rileylouie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….