• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The reason why you always ought to keep your Killi codes!!

MickeM

5 Year Member
Hi all..!!

I can`t help to post this..!!

I have not yet kept Chromaphyosemion with Apistos,
but I sure wish to find a way to combine these two types
of fishes in a nice tank one day!!!

..and to all Killi people out there... keep your codes!!! (Some of them are not yet scientifically described !!)

http://www.killi.org/viewforum.php?f=97

Cheers
Micke

Last edited:

MickeM

5 Year Member
Hi fishly700 + all.. !

I posted this 1st post at a time when I was thinking about "new" fishes to mix with Apistos...
Chromaphyosemion species often swim at the surface of my planted breeding tanks, but I still have not yet tried any of them with my Apistos..
Maybe I will soon.. ???

My experience is that small Rivulidae killies, called Laimosemion species are great dither fishes ..at least when I only kept them in a sort of community tank..
..when having no attempts to get any fry from either fish..
But I guess the Killies would love to eat Apisto fry!! .. and the opposite way around too..

1 pair Apistogramma eremnopyge + 1 pair Laimosemion geayi are at this moment placed in one of my 50x55x30cm tanks.. 1/3 filled with water , many plants, "black/brown peat" , and some roots+coco-caves.. so far this works really nice as a combo...!! ( 2 months have passed since start-up..)

Earlier I`ve kept a pair Apistogramma spec.Vielfleck "Assurini" + a pair Laimosemion cladophorus + some(4-6 ) youngsters of Epiplatys spilargyreius in a 80x40x30cm planted tank.. without any problems at all..!

The only time I got a bad result was when mixing 25 small(0,5cm) Laimosemion strigatus fry with 15 Apistogramma eremnopyge fry((0,5 cm) in a quite too poorly planted 40x25x20cm "grow-up" tank with few caves.. The Apisto fry just vanished one by one , probably due to the early developed teeth in the Laimosemion-mouth ... The time I found it out , only a few Apisto-fry were still alive...

Lesson learned..!! - Killie fry can/will attack Apisto fry..( ..but also their own siblings !!)
And after all.. Killiefishes are egglaying toothcarps !!

Please feel free to report/add any other combinations attempted with Apistos in this thread !! :)

/Micke

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….