• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma with a tattoo?

Am I going crazy?

• YES!!, there is no numbers on your Apistogramma

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • NO!! I see the numbers aslo

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

DrunkenAlcoholic

I just noticed on one of my quad red's it has a marking on both side of its body, near it's pectoral fin, one side it looks like the numbers "700" and on the other side it looks like the letters "ME", I got a photo of one side and will try and get a photo of the other side tomorrow. Or maybe I am just going crazy and imagining things, would love to hear your opinions..

mil3qb.jpg

Mike Wise

Staff member
5 Year Member
It's probably just extra black pigmentation around the edges of some scales. It's not really that surprising to me, considering all of the other color modifications found in this strain.

DrunkenAlcoholic

Yeah I know its just the markings of that particular fish, non of the others have it, but what is surprising is the BOTH sides have marking which look like numbers and letters, While its pretty cool to see letters and numbers in fish marking's, I kinda feel disappointed that line breeding these cacatoudes so much has resulted in strange unnatural markings of the fish, Don't get me wrong, the red colours are very nice when line bred, but how far do you go until you start producing fish that look totally unnatural and markings that look more like a defect rather than a feature.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….