• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

60L ADA cube :)

chris1805

5 Year Member
I would like to introduce you all to my 60L Amazone tank.

It's an ADA cube garden 60p (60x30x36cm) containing about 60L.
For the lights i have used the Dennerle scapers led 24W and a heater of 50W.
The filtration is done by an JBL e401 cannister filter.

Currently the tanks looks like this:

ADA tank overview 21-12-2016.jpg

My waterparameters are:
-ph 6.5
-kh 3.0
-TDS 125

The tank contains the following fish:
-14 Paracheirodon simulans
-1m/1f Apistogramma Eremnopyge

The plant used is the Hydrocotyle leucocephala

I hope you guys like my post and here are some pics of the Apistogramma Eremnopyge

Eremnopyge male 1.jpg

Eremnopyge female 1.jpg

Eremnopyge male 2.jpg

chris1805

5 Year Member
Hi guys,

I have decided to move some fish arround. I have moved the Apistogramma Eremnopyge to my other tank to make that tank a fully Peru tank. The thread can be followed here http://www.apistogramma.com/forum/threads/south-american-peru-tank.22202/.

Eventhough the Eremnopyge were moved, ofcourse this tank had to contain some Apistogramma! The Paracheirodon simulans can be found in Brazil, same for the plant that i have used in this tank. Therefore i decided to make this a fully Brazil tank. I therefore choose the Apistogramma sp Abacaxis. I managed to pick up what we thought to be a pair of the Apistogramma sp Abacaxis. After some time i discovered that both fish seem to be female. Luckily i will be able to pick up a male somewhere in the comming 2 weeks. I also still had 2 Hyphessobrycon megalopterus left from my other tank. These are also from Brazil so i thought to just let them sit in here until i can find someone who can take them over to let them have a nice shoal again.

Catching out the Eremnopyge made me remove all the plants and wood. Now that i had removed everything already i decided to try and make the tank look a bit more natural. So please enjoy the updated pictures of the tank :)

Full overshot view

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_31e.jpg

Some shots of the females.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_31d.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_31f.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_321.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_322.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_320.jpg

bbetta

5 Year Member
I really like they way your tank looks. The updated version provides more hiding spots and definitely looks better.

Nice coloration on the male A. Eremnopyge. How did he get along with the female? Any aggressive behavior towards her?

Looking forward to see your male A. Abacaxis, keep an eye out for aggression.

Billy :)

chris1805

5 Year Member
Well, when i first introduced them there was some aggression from the female towards the male. After about 5 days it was aggression from the male towards the female. Not real aggression though, he would just chase here away from the wood part of the tank. After about 2 weeks they spawned once. The fry was gone after like 5 days, but the Eremnopyge were peacefull after this.

When i moved them to their other tank they were peacefull from the start. I think i moved them like 3 weeks ago, and they currently have fry again in that tank.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaconieMalonie

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….