Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!
Hi,
since no one else responded yet, here are my thoughts on this:
I can't help you with identifying his exact illness (flagellates may be right).
Just: In tap water the immune system of Apistogrammas kind of sucks. They are prone to parasites / illnesses in it.
Your setup looks well put...
Have a nice trip!
If I'll ever make a trip like that, I'd probably be looking for dwarfs from the genera Microphilypnus, Elachocharax, and Fluviphylax. They are so hard to find in the aquarium trade.
Temperature wise A. diplotaenia is the one in your list that matches the needs of S. discus.
I actually kept those 2 species together for a while. The diplotaenia are small enough to fit into a grown Discus mouth, but mine never showed any hunting efforts at all. Can't guarantee the same for...
I once had issues getting the PH down in a tank, and in the end it seemed to be because of the sand i used. Even though it was river sand (from Maas river in netherlands) which was adverted as PH neutral and didn't show no visible reaction when i dripped acid on it, the issue disappeared after i...
Sry for spoiling the mood, but sentences like "my Apisto killed xy.." always trigger me.
If an apisto kills another fish for territorial reasons then it either took at least days of ignoring it and not intervening (by removing the hunted fish) or if it took only hours the tank was undersized and...
Hi,
just in case you happen to live in Germany (or Netherlands): I have a wildcaught female A. psammophila, you could have it for free. I have no use for it anymore.
BR
Martin
To me UVC were never a long term option because they destroy iron chelators and i usually rely on (emersed) plants for nitrate lowering.
@Andrew i'm surprised that your plants are doing good, and wonder if you do daily iron fertilizing?
If you are using pure RO water i wonder where KH 2 and 3 come from. Did you maybe initially fill up the tanks with tap water and that KH is a left over? Then after the next water changes your KH will be lower and the humic substances will push down the PH over time. But if your RO-Water has KH 2...
I just wanted to mention that i'll be driving through northern belgium to Breskens on friday.
So if someone happens to live along that route and is interested in these fish, i could hand them over somewhere.