• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

KenL's latest activity

  • K
    KenL reacted to Mike Wise's post in the thread A plant new to me with Like Like.
    I’m not a plant specialist so this plant is new to me. So does anyone know what plant this is. No, it is not Java Moss. The leaves are...
  • K
    KenL reacted to rasmusW's post in the thread Breeding splash tetras.... with Like Like.
    Here is a few pictures of some of my c. Nattereri fry. Now, they actually looks like fish. -r
  • K
    KenL replied to the thread My first apistos.
    Does cacatuoides not mean cockatoo like? Nijsseni refers to a person.
  • K
    KenL reacted to anewbie's post in the thread Collecting in Peru with Like Like.
    You did not bring back those lovely agassizii ?
  • K
    KenL reacted to MacZ's post in the thread Collecting in Peru with Like Like.
    That wasn't clear from your posts, I'm also just interested in what species (all, not only Apistos) you (I mean your group) is bringing...
  • K
    KenL reacted to MacZ's post in the thread Collecting in Peru with Like Like.
    First of all: Great report, thank so so much! Now I'm interested: Would you be willing to post the whole list of fish you brought back...
  • K
    KenL reacted to Ttw's post in the thread Collecting in Peru with Like Like.
    Continuing the story: We continued down the Amazon to the community of Santa Ana. We walked to the community pool where kids played and...
  • K
    KenL reacted to Ttw's post in the thread Collecting in Peru with Like Like.
    Sorry, I neglected to put in collection site characteristics. Pucallpaensis site: S 5° 7' 2" W73° 51' 40" pH 6.6 TDS 222 ppm T 81°...
  • K
    KenL reacted to Mike Wise's post in the thread Collecting in Peru with Like Like.
    Not to be anal, Tom, but your A. agassizii pictured is now recognized as an unnamed agassizii-like species. It is genetically different...
  • K
    KenL reacted to Ttw's post in the thread Collecting in Peru with Like Like.
    Back from Peru. Why is it that when you review your notes you can hardly understand them. Arrived in Peru and went through customs.Then...
  • K
    KenL reacted to Mike Wise's post in the thread Is this Nannacara anomala? with Like Like.
    Your photos show what we called the red color morph of N. anomala back in the 1980s. I've had and reproduced this color and also a blue...
  • K
    KenL reacted to LBT's post in the thread Is this Nannacara anomala? with Like Like.
    In In the Netherlands too. They are readily available. I attached two photos of a harem I had a few years ago to show you what my...
  • K
    KenL replied to the thread Is this Nannacara anomala?.
    I’ve not bred them either, but given that they are quite readily available at a small size in the UK, I think they are bred...
  • K
    KenL reacted to LBT's post in the thread Is this Nannacara anomala? with Like Like.
    One of mine too. I've kept them for forty years. Never ever bred them succesfully. Never seen one like this one. The (lack of) colour...
  • K
    KenL replied to the thread Is this Nannacara anomala?.
    Yes anomola. One of my favourite fish.
Top