• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

KenL's latest activity

  • K
    KenL reacted to anewbie's post in the thread Stocking for 20 gallon with Like Like.
    Interesting that Ivancara are not legal there - the problem is size of the aquarium - personally i like a. pucallpaensis which can be a...
  • K
    KenL reacted to Bæn's post in the thread Stocking for 20 gallon with Like Like.
    Australia. I have just realised that Ivanacara are not even legal here even though every subspecies of apisto are. So i have shifted my...
  • K
    KenL reacted to MacZ's post in the thread kribs polongwe with Like Like.
    Sorry, I was on a festival over the weekend. I can't give you the details on the reasonings of the researchers, I just went by the...
  • K
    KenL replied to the thread Stocking for 20 gallon.
    Where are you in the world? Probably a good idea to reach out to the better retailers in your local area or country. On the fry you can...
  • K
    KenL reacted to Bæn's post in the thread Stocking for 20 gallon with Like Like.
    Here is a photo of the F1 offspring in the breedres tank
  • K
    KenL replied to the thread kribs polongwe.
    To me, the only species known as a krib is P. pulcher, the most widely available species. I would never refer to a taeniatus or a...
  • K
    KenL replied to the thread kribs polongwe.
    Why were they split into two species? Was it purely geographical?
  • K
    KenL replied to the thread kribs polongwe.
    P. taeniatus had many forms (locations) in the “old days”. Nigerian red, Nigerian green, nange , kienke, moliwe, dehane etc.
  • K
    KenL replied to the thread kribs polongwe.
    Apologies, here’s my next stupid question. What varieties that were previously known as P.taeniatus were moved to P.kribensis? Thanks
  • K
    KenL replied to the thread kribs polongwe.
    Does the name P. taeniatus exist at all any more?
  • K
    KenL reacted to Mike Wise's post in the thread kribs polongwe with Like Like.
    Common Kribs (Pv. pulcher) and Pv. kribensis are 2 very different species from 2 different locations. Way, way in the past Pv. pulcher...
  • K
    KenL replied to the thread kribs polongwe.
    Kribs (the common name) will always be P. pulcher to me.
  • K
    KenL reacted to MacZ's post in the thread kribs polongwe with Like Like.
    That change was revised in 2014. It's P. taeniatus and P. kribensis separately again. But I can imagine the confusion this still causes...
  • K
    KenL replied to the thread kribs polongwe.
    When you say “kribs” do you mean P. pulcher? Changing of P. taeniatus to P. kribensis is an annoyance to hobbyists like me.
  • K
    When I set up a community tank I decide what 1 species I want most and then add compatible fish around them. My philosophy and the first...
Top