• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Recent content by Jwitho

  1. J

    Atahualupa experience

    Group of 12 N.eques added, the Hyphessobrycon will soon be removed too as the spawning attempts are not successful
  2. J

    Atahualupa experience

    After doing a lot looking into each species, I do think N.eques is the fish I’ll go with N.sp amaya will eventually have its own tank and project, but for now eques will be a better suitability for these pair
  3. J

    Atahualupa experience

    N.espei were another top of my list but I don’t know if I can justify spending the money on them May just go with N.eques, I did have a group of N.tri before and they terrorised the entire tank, I always thought it was a rogue group of fish but it appears they’re all that way
  4. J

    Atahualupa experience

    So I’m considering dithers, currently there’s a group of 8 Hyphessobrycon procyon, but I would like eventually to add a Nannostomus species ideally I want a group of N. sp amaya, however I can source N.eques and some of the more common species a lot easier, is there much behaviour difference in...
  5. J

    Atahualupa experience

    I can see it in the fins and general shape But the yellow and black striping on the males ventral fins are a definite trait of allpahuayo
  6. J

    Atahualupa experience

    Tank has been scaped and there’s no doubt these are A.allpahauyo now Still incredibly beautiful fish
  7. J

    Atahualupa experience

    Yeah you’re 100% correct thank you for the ID clarification
  8. J

    Atahualupa experience

    On closer inspection you both could actually be right In store, the male did show less yellow on the body and a yellow throat typical of Atahaulpa but now definitely resembles allpayhuayo more
  9. J

    Atahualupa experience

    Incredibly beautiful fish
  10. J

    Atahualupa experience

    Thank you both of you, I’ll stop using these now The atahuapla are in the tank now, male is going to be an absolute stunner in the future, will grab photos once settled properly
  11. J

    Atahualupa experience

    Well I’m not using true mineralisers, it’s the seachem acid buffer and alkali buffer so maybe the same thing but not sure? Picked a pair up will monitor and grab an extra female if needed And then I’ll gradually just change the tank over to pure RO over time
  12. J

    Atahualupa experience

    Working in an aquatic shop I luckily had access to remineralisers but I will keep that in mind for the future The main thing was wanting to breed different fish which would require different parameters
  13. J

    Atahualupa experience

    The tank will likely become theirs for a while until I can source some a.kullanderi It’s currently a bare tank due to breeding purposes but throwing in a ton of seed pods tonight to create caves along with a big of random decor to break sight lines Running RO remineralised to KH 3 and pH 6...
  14. J

    Atahualupa experience

    I have a 75cmx45cmx30xcm tank I’m currently using to attempt to spawn Hyphessobrycon procyon, and I’m considering adding a pair of apistogramma to it, to grow on and either have a dedicated spawning tank or move them into my main South America display what’s everyone’s experience with keeping...
  15. J

    Pike cichlid ID help

    No sign of spawning yet, male I find tends to be very easily stressed and I find he hides around the surface skimmer and wave maker a lot Female is much more out going and is cruising the whole tank constantly They’re definitely a Wallacia though, barely any growth in the time I’ve had them...
Top