• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

dw1305's latest activity

  • dw1305
    dw1305 reacted to MacZ's post in the thread Mendezi with Like Like.
    Even better. Still, I am of the opinion there is definitely room for much more leaf litter and many more twigs, even after the stuff...
  • dw1305
    dw1305 reacted to anewbie's post in the thread wc Rio Nanay ?cf? bitaeniata with Like Like.
    Yea - obviously there is no way to know for sure unless I catch them myself or have a personal relationship with the catcher - as the...
  • dw1305
    dw1305 reacted to Mike Wise's post in the thread Mendezi with Like Like.
    These fish are not bad, but they are territorial, especially when breeding. Do apisto breed in the wild with other species around? Of...
  • dw1305
    dw1305 replied to the thread Mendezi.
    Hi all, @KeithK PC, rather than a phone. I can see your floatng plant and I'd let your Salvinia cover 3/4 of the water's surface. It...
  • dw1305
    I a agree somewhat, though it can be enough to need two adapters together: one to switch the direction of the thread and one to fit that...
  • dw1305
    dw1305 replied to the thread Mendezi.
    Hi all, I understand this. I'm not very good with fish, so I need all the help I can get. If you have fish that require very high...
  • dw1305
    dw1305 reacted to KeithK's post in the thread Mendezi with Like Like.
    Thank u for being concerned about the fish. I don't buy first to kill them. Been doing this for forty years now. Know a thing or two...
  • dw1305
    dw1305 replied to the thread Mendezi.
    Hi all, Ideal, wanting to see your fish is so overrated. If I didn't like plants? I'd keep Hypancistrus sp. in tank with hundreds of...
  • dw1305
    dw1305 reacted to anewbie's post in the thread Mendezi with Like Like.
    Yea but they also block the view and that was a year+ so it is 10x worse :(
  • dw1305
    dw1305 replied to the thread Mendezi.
    Hi all, Honestly listen to Mike, he is "Wise by name and wise by nature". I'll nail my colours to the mast and tell you that...
  • dw1305
    dw1305 reacted to Mike Wise's post in the thread Jewel Cichlid revision + 4 new species with Like Like.
    I guess genetics don't lie.
  • dw1305
    dw1305 reacted to Frank Hättich's post in the thread ID please with Like Like.
    A. steindachneri or A. rupununi. Any information on catch location? The shape and maximum size of the flank spot would be helpful as...
  • dw1305
    dw1305 reacted to Frank Hättich's post in the thread Sp.miua? with Like Like.
    I can't watch the video, it just tells me there is an error. The fish in the first picture might be A. cf. sp. Miua (Demini/Yellow). In...
  • dw1305
    dw1305 reacted to Mike Wise's post in the thread Jewel Cichlid revision + 4 new species with Like Like.
    For those interested in Jewel Cichlids there is a recent revision + 4 new species: Lamboj, A. & Koblmüller, S. 2026. Who Is Who in...
  • dw1305
    dw1305 reacted to Mike Wise's post in the thread Mendezi with Like Like.
    ... but not as bad as A. paucisquamis (the Chihuahuas of the apisto world:D). Seriously, it depends on the size of the tank, how it is...
Top