Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!
To be really safe I would not put the male back until you rehome the juveniles. Except during the six week post spawning period I keep the fish by itself or in a pair. The only other fish I have in my A. cacatuoides tanks are dither fish.
I use my RODI water for South American and West African fish. I use my well water with a TDS of 450 ppm for a lake Tanganyikan tank. The n. multifasciatus are really a treat. I also keep j. transcriptus Gombe and insular dwarf a. compressiceps. It’s a terrific hard water tank. You should head in...
I invested in a RODI system so I could raise various species of Apistogramma. When I used my tap water with a GH around 225 ppm my cockatoo didn’t live more than one year.
I’m on my 3rd generation of orange flash cockatoo. They are a lot of fun. I suggest some dither fish. I have also observed that the offspring make for better parents when left with their mother for about 6 weeks. I would remove the father instead of the fry.
Is there a book about Apistogramma that has good color photos of many of the species? I’m looking for something like the William T Innes classic, Exotic Aquarium Fishes but focused on Apistogramma.
my a. cacatuoides pair our housed in a 20 gallon long with 10 n. beckfordi. I have 35 juvenile from the last spawn. I did not witness predation by the beckfordi in this hatch or the previous hatch.