• Hello guest! Are you an Apistogramma enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Apisto enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your fish and tanks and have a great time with other Apisto enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Apistogramma for Sale!

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I'm over loaded with different species of Apistogramma right now! Here's the list pulled from my web site: www.aquaticclarity.com

Peru
Apistogramma agassizii wild 1 1/2"-2" $25/pr
A. cacatuoides wild 1 1/2"-2"+ $25/pr
A. barlowi red face wild 1"-1 1/2" $45/pr
A. "cruzi" wild 1 3/4"-2" $25/pr
A. eremnophyge wild 2” $35/pr
A. sp. Black Chin wild 1 1/2" $40/trio
A. sp. Melgar wild 2"-3" $35/pr

Apistogrammoides pucallpansis wild 1 ½”$25/pr 6/$60

Brazil
Apistogramma cf. agassizii Nets wild 1"-1 3/4" $20/pr
A. gibbiceps wild 1-1 ¼” 4/$25

Columbia
Apistogramma alacrina wild 1 3/4"-2" 6/$25 $15/pr

Tank Raised
Apistogramma cacatuoides double red 2” males only $15 each (currently no females for sale)
A. panduro 1" $30/trio

summerboy1958

Hi. I'm new to the forum and so am not familiar with your store. I just left my 1st post in the introduction section asking if anyone could point me to a supplier. Then I saw this post.

I would like a trio of A. Cacatuoide or Agassizii, as I understand they are fairly easy to keep. I am not breeding, just want them for a community tank. My water has not been RO processed, so the pH is about 7.2 and the hardness is about 107 right now. My tap water spiked with road salt and the hardness is coming down, so my tank should headed towards something like 53, same pH, after some more water changes.

Is anything in your sale suitable for my conditions? I am having little luck here (Delaware) in finding apistos. What does shipping cost to Delaware?

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
Hi. I'm new to the forum and so am not familiar with your store. I just left my 1st post in the introduction section asking if anyone could point me to a supplier. Then I saw this post.

I would like a trio of A. Cacatuoide or Agassizii, as I understand they are fairly easy to keep. I am not breeding, just want them for a community tank. My water has not been RO processed, so the pH is about 7.2 and the hardness is about 107 right now. My tap water spiked with road salt and the hardness is coming down, so my tank should headed towards something like 53, same pH, after some more water changes.

Is anything in your sale suitable for my conditions? I am having little luck here (Delaware) in finding apistos. What does shipping cost to Delaware?

I keep the Apistos I have for sale in 7.6pH and 300ppm water and they do just fine. For long term keeping and breeding I'll play with the water and adjust the pH and hardness as needed with R.O. water, tanins from wood and leaves, and the like. So really any of the Apistos I have for sale should do just fine for you.

The Peru agassizii are very nice this time. Good size fish and many of the males have nice red fins with the white "diamond/triangle" pattern in the tail. The cacatuoides are among the easiest of the Apistos to keep and breed but none of the ones I have for sale right now are overly difficult.

I do not have any female double/triple red cacatuoides available right now. I just got a bunch in last night but they need a week or two to settle in before I would consider sending them out again.

I'd need a zip code and the type/number of fish you wanted to get you a firm shipping quote but figure 3 to 6 Apistos shipped via USPS Express to you should be in the $25-$35 range depending on your exact location.

summerboy1958

I had read on other sites, that wild caught struggled in water that was not soft and slightly acidic. I guess that must not be completely true?? Or is it true if you want to mimic their natural environment to make them comfortable and live the longest life possible?

Also, I understand that Apisto's life 3 to 5 years. Is that correct? Is there any way to tell how old they are by size? I would love to get the youngest trio I could (obviously :)), so that they would live the longest. I really like the idea of wild caught.

What would it cost for a trio of the Peru caca's delivered to 19702?

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
I had read on other sites, that wild caught struggled in water that was not soft and slightly acidic. I guess that must not be completely true?? Or is it true if you want to mimic their natural environment to make them comfortable and live the longest life possible?

Also, I understand that Apisto's life 3 to 5 years. Is that correct? Is there any way to tell how old they are by size? I would love to get the youngest trio I could (obviously :)), so that they would live the longest. I really like the idea of wild caught.

What would it cost for a trio of the Peru caca's delivered to 19702?

I need to get a head count o the girls in the tank before I can promise you a trio of the wild cacatuoides but assumeing I have them to send shipping would be $26 for USPS Express.

No idea on age but a lot of the smaller fish are almost like annuals because of the water cycle (wet/dry seasons and the water height), at least that's what I've heard! That would mean many of these wild fish aren't more then 8-16 months old.

summerboy1958

$26 covers shipping (next day? 2 day?)? Cost for the trio (is that the $25 to $35 you mentioned earlier)?

How hard is it to get your wilds to eat? I have heard it can be a challenge?

aquaticclarity

Staff member
5 Year Member
$26 for shipping USPS EXpress (normally next day unless you are out in the sticks)

I still need to check if I have extra females to send you a trio. $25/pr $35/trio

These guys are readily eating baby brine shrimp. I haven't tried anything else as of yet. But I feed all of my Apistos freshly hatched baby brine shrimp and live black worms. I don't even try anything else unless I'm putting flake food into the same tank for some tetras that are in there (in my breeding tanks).

summerboy1958

OK, let me know when you get your count done. I am not currently raising brine shrimp, don't have the equipment or the knowledge. I guess I can by live black worms. I am currently feeding my tank flakes and cichlid pellets. I know I can buy live/frozen brine shrimp at my LFS. Am I fooling myself with wilds if I don't know how to get bbs?

animalmgc

5 Year Member
bbs is easy all u need is a air pump 2 liter bottle w the bottom cut off
bbs5.jpg

bbs4.jpg

bbs3.jpg

bbs2.jpg

bbs1.jpg

above pics are my set up for hatching bbs u can also buy it frozen at LFS pet smart or call around

summerboy1958

animalmgc,

I really don't have any knowledge about how to grow or feed BBS. I understand regular brine shrimp that you can buy at the LFS.

From the pictures you have a plastic tub with insulation board and reflective material. There is a heater. How do you control the temperature?

You cut the top off a 2 liter bottle and tipped it upside down in the bottom half of the bottle. How do you ge tthem out? The air pump for circulation. Light on top. Is there a hole cut in the sheet of cardboard?

How many do you hatch at a time. I watched some YT videos and they all hatched a large amount and dumped all the BBS into their tanks at one time. That would never work for me. I have a 30 gallon tank and will only have a trio of apistos, and about a dozen tetras for dithers.

How long do the BBS last, or do you have to dump all that hatch or they die.

Any other knowledge would be great!!!!

animalmgc

5 Year Member
I hatch about a 1/2 tsp every 3 days use about 1/2 ttablespoon of epson salt 1/4 tablespoon of sea salt it takes me about 18 hrs
http://youtu.be/2KeGIF7oY7E been thinking of trying this idea it seems easy enough to raise brine shrimp
the cost is next to nothing as far as brine shrimp eggs Jeff would probably give u a sample to try w the fish

summerboy1958

aquaticclarity
I see that you have a trio of black chin. How challenging are they compared to the caca or agassizii? can you take a picture or two?

summerboy1958

Ok. I suggested only because it was the only species that you were offering as a trio. I thought it would help your math.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tonc61

Latest profile posts

Josh wrote on anewbie's profile.
Testing
EDO
Longtime fish enthusiast for over 70years......keen on Apistos now. How do I post videos?
Looking for some help with fighting electric blue rams :(
Partial updated Peruvian list have more than this. Please PM FOR ANY QUESTIONS so hard to post with all the ads poping up every 2 seconds….